Note: some topics only show up in specific categories (select a category to include them)
All Topics
So, today I was called emotionless. I think the person who said it is right. Perhaps I cannot externalize my emotions, with the exception of deaths. Things that some see as "issues" just dont get me ...
Posted by By SoullessHeathen | 5 comments | MI, USA | Jan 23, 2019
Today's hike: Squirrel bombs us with pine cones
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 4 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Hello my beautiful heathen friends. I have a question. What is the scariest part of being an atheist? For me is that nothing comes after death. See I have a daughter who I love dearly, I would love to...
Posted by By Infinito_rex | 13 comments | IL, USA | Jan 22, 2019
What are your thoughts on the Fermi Paradox?
Posted by By queerious | 6 comments | AZ, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Many senior citizens have so much to offer children that I believe school systems from kindergarden through high school should reach out to use their knowledge. In many cases it would be better than ...
Posted by By Marine | 13 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Quote from Douglas Adams
Posted by By RhettRogers | 6 comments | OK, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Is the point of No return breeched, or are we just too Late? Greenland Melting 4x Faster Than in 2013, and From an Unexpected Source. By Olivia Rosane "Greenland is melting about four ...
Posted by By of-the-mountain | 8 comments | Killeen, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Is the Atheist Community a Cult? - Genetically Modified Skeptic [youtube.com]
Posted by By phxbillcee | 10 comments | Phoenix, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Anyone else who’s a closeted atheist? Message me, let’s be friends:)
Posted by By chlorine413 | 13 comments | CA, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Hello, everybody! I'm kind of new here.. what's up? How does this thing work?
Posted by By M03Malik | 7 comments | VA, USA | Jan 22, 2019
NPR talked about this on the morning show. There are no corolations given, thus neither right nor left wing, simply science data. As the guy talking said, it could be we are better at detecting, or ...
Posted by By Beowulfsfriend | 4 comments | PA, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Are morality and empathy basically the same?
Posted by By Matias | 23 comments | Germany | Jan 22, 2019
I've finally reach 8.1... and I've only been on Agnostic.com since the early eighties.
Posted by By Benthoven | 8 comments | New York, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Just watched A.O.C on Colbert..She will run for Prez one-day..hope I live long enough to cast my vote for Her..
Posted by By Charlene | 8 comments | Brookline Ma, USA | Jan 22, 2019
"How on earth can religious people believe in so much arbitrary, clearly invented balderdash?....The acceptance of a creed, any creed, entitles the acceptor to membership in the sort of artificial ...
Posted by By WilliamCharles | 7 comments | Antelope Valley, USA | Jan 21, 2019
This should be pretty easy
Posted by By RobertMartin | 6 comments | MS, USA | Jan 21, 2019
If you think about it, due to the time-space continuum, and the forward expansion of the universe, even "two-steps backward" is still moving forward.
Posted by By Benthoven | 5 comments | New York, USA | Jan 21, 2019
Charles Manson’s top follower is now a ‘friendly’ upstate neighbor [nyp.st] As for that new life, some things don’t change. The house she shares with Valdner is decorated with skulls. ...
Posted by By AmmaRE007 | 10 comments | Hogansburg (Akwesasne) NY, Canada | Jan 21, 2019
All born in 1929. Wow.
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 9 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 21, 2019
LINK Nebraska Legislator Says “In God We Trust” Bill Has Nothing to Do with Religion | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos
Posted by By Dmej114 | 11 comments | Metro Detroit area, USA | Jan 21, 2019
LINK The problem of dogma. – Possumpipesup
Posted by By OpposingOpposum | 7 comments | Sarasota, USA | Jan 21, 2019
A thoughtful article about the very real brain-function impact of being poor, and why the usual "just work hard and make good decisions" myth is nonsense. The author of this article is white, and he ...
Posted by By Mitch07102 | 7 comments | PA, USA | Jan 21, 2019
In marriage, isn't it the willingness to please your mate that you accept making changes in your lifestyle to have a successful marriage?
Posted by By Marine | 7 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Jan 21, 2019
For most of the past year, I have been posting various articles on here, and it's interesting to me which ones draw immediate agreement, and which ones draw immediate negative comments. Only a very ...
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 6 comments | WV, USA | Jan 21, 2019
LINK The devotion of the human dad separates us from other apes | Aeon Essays
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 6 comments | WV, USA | Jan 21, 2019
LINK More Than Half of All Coffee Species Are at Risk of Extinction
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 14 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Anybody ready for the Super Blood Wolf Moon and lunar eclipse tonight? It'll go from 9:10pm to 1:15am CST. The sky is looking pretty clear where I'm at so hopefully I'll get a good look at it. Here's ...
Posted by By MusicMnstr99 | 6 comments | IA, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Ode to Hannity
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 11 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 20, 2019
This made me cry. She stands precisely 5ft tall in her everyday shoes and her smile is disarmingly sweet. Kate Nesbitt doesn't immediately fit the image of a fearless military hero, not off the ...
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 11 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Makes life so much easier !
Posted by By evergreen | 6 comments | Inthemiddleof, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Is it true that educated women do not want a relationship with a guy who has a good career, but is more of a hands on type worker?
Posted by By Mom-goddess | 22 comments | TN, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Sometimes the answer to "What should I do?", is so simple yet oh so difficult.
Posted by By SkeptikSeeker | 4 comments | Phoenix, Arizona, USA | Jan 20, 2019
[ndncollective.org] We need to meet the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. We are doing this through ...
Posted by By AmmaRE007 | 4 comments | Hogansburg (Akwesasne) NY, Canada | Jan 20, 2019
"Digisexual": <Sexually attracted to robots.> Yet another sexual orientation to add to the vast list of obscure and amusing "orientations". Sorry folks.... This old heterosexual male just finds it ...
Posted by By bigpawbullets | 19 comments | Down By The Clear Creek, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Best Movie Lines or Quotes.....what's a memorable or favorite movie quote of yours? I like several, and a ton jump out at me....Jaws "I think we're gonna need a bigger boat...." Austin Powers/Gold ...
Posted by By goldenvalleyguy | 21 comments | AZ, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Many wealthy take the position that I invented this product or created this factory using my talent or my money therefore I should reap as much reward as possible for as long as possible. Is there a ...
Posted by By Marine | 5 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Jan 20, 2019
LINK Anti Social - A Modern Dating Horror Story | Comic Relief Originals - YouTube
Posted by By BeeHappy | 4 comments | NV, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Attacks on Reality (as Confirmed by Science)
Posted by By Knee-jerk | 6 comments | Atlantis, USA | Jan 20, 2019
FOOD for thought, anyone?... confession: i ate an entire Sara Lee strawberry cheesecake with a spoon ... once upon a time, when my infant son was hospitalized with pneumonia and my 4yo daughter was...
Posted by By Soarfeet | 13 comments | Hill Country, USA | Jan 20, 2019
LINK The brilliant science that has creationists and the Christian right terrified
Posted by By chalupacabre | 6 comments | WA, USA | Jan 20, 2019
LINK Stop Telling Women to ‘Act Like a Man’ – Noteworthy - The Journal Blog
Posted by By OpposingOpposum | 5 comments | Sarasota, USA | Jan 20, 2019
So... A friend of mine told me the story of how she inadvertently neglected to change the age category on a profile she completed for online dating. She is 60 but the site defaulted to 40. She is in ...
Posted by By SukiSue | 30 comments | Small Town, USA | Jan 20, 2019
I lay outside on my back, one starry night. The clear night sky was filled with millions of stars and I saw above me a vast, eternal, Universe where I was certainly looking at other suns with their ...
Posted by By Benthoven | 6 comments | New York, USA | Jan 20, 2019
I don't care about who you love… But I do care about who you hate!
Posted by By Benthoven | 4 comments | New York, USA | Jan 20, 2019
Bazinga! I just signed up. How is everyone doing?
Posted by By RekabSirhc | 19 comments | GA, USA | Jan 20, 2019
This is such a stunning photo of the King family. So much hate happened today. Let's remember something beautiful, Dr Martin Luther King Jr's legacy of strength and unity. May we feed love and never ...
Posted by By Charity | 6 comments | TN, USA | Jan 20, 2019
The changing meanings of words from one country to another. Any examples? I got to thinking about this when I realized, I would most likely lean Republican, if I lived in Ireland. 🇨🇮
Posted by By Beowulfsfriend | 5 comments | PA, USA | Jan 19, 2019
LINK How Can Someone be an Agnostic and an Atheist at the Same Time? | Courtney Heard
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 16 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 19, 2019
New to here...
Posted by By VeganDemocrat | 21 comments | WA, USA | Jan 19, 2019
LINK Mississippi May Mandate Ten Commandments and Pledges to State, U.S. Flags in Schools | JFP Mobile | Jackson, Mississippi
Posted by By Dmej114 | 12 comments | Metro Detroit area, USA | Jan 19, 2019
Any Pastafarians here? What are your general thoughts on it? We two have very different views on it. Rory thinks that satire can be one of the best ways of getting people to think, but Amy feels like ...
Posted by By RoryandAmy | 14 comments | Salem, USA | Jan 19, 2019
Canned laughter? (or filmed before a live studio audience) I hate it. I dont want or need to be told when to laugh. If its funny then let my chuckle bone decide. Even british sit-coms are not immune ...
Posted by By 273kelvin | 10 comments | Liverpool, UK | Jan 19, 2019
POLL Medicare for all - are you for or against it? I've never had a hospital bill in my life. And I've had asthma since birth, my mother and I had to spend two weeks in the hospital after I was born, ...
Posted by By BornAtheist | 29 comments | Sweden | Jan 19, 2019
" I have never heard a rational argument to defeat the smell of frying bacon". Andy Hamilton "News Quiz" BBC Sat repeat 19th Jan 2019 I reckon the are some but who cares?
Posted by By Mcflewster | 7 comments | Reading UK, UK | Jan 19, 2019
Sunny and 60° Friday, cold and 35° Saturday. Texas
Posted by By Ruby2b | 4 comments | TX, USA | Jan 19, 2019
Excited for the woman’s march tomorrow!!! ✊🏼✊🏽 Ps. Men go too! Last year so many awesome men were there to support our message! Both my sons came 😁
Posted by By goldrose | 14 comments | Camarillo, USA | Jan 19, 2019
great tits
Posted by By skado | 18 comments | AL, USA | Jan 19, 2019
Stay on the path!
Posted by By Charlene | 4 comments | Brookline Ma, USA | Jan 18, 2019
Always remember
Posted by By BrokenMarrow | 7 comments | Herndon, USA | Jan 18, 2019
LINK Upper East Side Restaurant Nello Bans Single Women From Eating At The Bar
Posted by By UrsiMajor | 13 comments | With The Ospreys, USA | Jan 18, 2019
Dodgy parents. So what do you do?
Posted by By OwlInASack | 18 comments | Jersey | Jan 18, 2019
We can only hope
Posted by By RobertMartin | 6 comments | MS, USA | Jan 18, 2019
LINK Judge rules against elderly lesbians rejected from retirement home
Posted by By Alimacbean | 9 comments | Sarasota, USA | Jan 18, 2019
I just completed my bio but I thought I would post it and maybe get some helpful feedback with the last part. :) I grew up catholic and went to catholic elementary and high school, and even ...
Posted by By openmind99 | 17 comments | Atlanta, USA | Jan 18, 2019
LINK West Wing - Bartlet & the Bible - YouTube
Posted by By snytiger6 | 4 comments | Battle Ground, WA. USA, USA | Jan 18, 2019
I was reading my aunt's 'Republican Bible' last night and found the oddest scripture. It's a scripture I've read many times, even memorized, but I don't remember it quite like this. The Lord is my ...
Posted by By Benthoven | 5 comments | New York, USA | Jan 18, 2019
LINK List of facial hairstyles - Wikipedia
Posted by By Denker | 4 comments | Netherlands | Jan 18, 2019
Native American communities bear brunt of shutdown with medicine shortages & suspended food programs! Democratic members of Congress held a hearing Tuesday on the effects of the shutdown on ...
Posted by By of-the-mountain | 4 comments | Killeen, USA | Jan 18, 2019
What do think about commercial DNA testing services? For example 23 and me
Posted by By MonkeyMan77 | 11 comments | Somerset, USA | Jan 18, 2019
my new tree man is finished and ready for some creeping jenny in the spring or trailing ivy. a few years of weathering will really help too
Posted by By LeighShelton | 5 comments | Thetford, UK | Jan 18, 2019
That first sweet sip of fizzy Apple & Elderberry kombucha after work on a Friday. Does anybody else brew their own booch? I've been brewing for half a year.
Posted by By Kohelath | 6 comments | New Zealand | Jan 18, 2019
Which would be harder to prove...
Posted by By micmorgan6 | 14 comments | Denver, USA | Jan 17, 2019
On the subject of atheism, I found this of interest. [conservapedia.com] As well as this: [en.wikipedia.org]
Posted by By deeperthinker15 | 12 comments | CO, USA | Jan 17, 2019
I read LaVey's Satanic Bible recently. The philosophical parts mostly made sense to me, but what's with the witchcraft nonsense? Seems kinda contrary to the anti-supernatural sentiments early in the...
Posted by By fourthaveriots | 5 comments | AZ, USA | Jan 17, 2019
Nobody actually chooses Christanity. They default to it for fear of the alternative. Passive Aggressive Salvation!
Posted by By SPRapp | 7 comments | TX, USA | Jan 17, 2019
THIS IS AN ACTUAL CUSTOMER REVIEW FROM A MAN ON AMAZON.CO.UK AFTER USING VEET HAIR REMOVAL CREAM FOR MEN. After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly Rastafarian I decided to take ...
Posted by By Closeted | 9 comments | Someplace Near Chicago, USA | Jan 17, 2019
POLL Islam a religion or cult?
Posted by By jchristian88 | 15 comments | USA | Jan 17, 2019
POLL How many folks enjoy rural living/prefer it to urban/suburban living? Moved to the country eight years back (from suburbs) & my life has improved tremendously. Stress levels dropped immediately, now...
Posted by By Lucky57 | 10 comments | Beckton, USA | Jan 17, 2019
What is love
Posted by By Destinyanne | 32 comments | TX, USA | Jan 17, 2019
LINK Insect collapse: ‘We are destroying our life support systems’ | Environment | The Guardian
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 6 comments | WV, USA | Jan 17, 2019
LINK Lost Cat: An Illustrated Meditation on Love, Loss, and What It Means To Be Human – Brain Pickings
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 4 comments | WV, USA | Jan 17, 2019
LINK Border security workers miss paychecks because of shutdown over border security - Los Angeles Times
Posted by By snytiger6 | 5 comments | Battle Ground, WA. USA, USA | Jan 17, 2019
I've tried chatting with two men I 'met' on here. After being on my own for nine years, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too set in my ways and like being alone too much to go into any kind ...
Posted by By Alvinsmama | 33 comments | Jacksonville, USA | Jan 17, 2019
Praise for local libraries; the most powerful engine of democracy and social equality I can think of. My local library celebrates its 5th year in in its new building.
Posted by By schmiedeskamp | 6 comments | Billings, USA | Jan 17, 2019
Has anyone of you read "The Most Dangerous Superstition" by Larken Rose?
Posted by By SwampBatman | 5 comments | Slidell, USA | Jan 17, 2019
The night is a well,from which I once drew the courage to face the next day.but now it has become the mirror of all my past mistakes and the regrets of my youth almost blot out the light of the day.oh...
Posted by By StevenRPrice | 4 comments | Sequim, USA | Jan 17, 2019
Do robots have penises? [agnostic.com]
Posted by By JackPedigo | 5 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Jan 17, 2019
Brave? Heroic?
Posted by By SoullessHeathen | 6 comments | MI, USA | Jan 17, 2019
The Boys are Watching
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 7 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Jan 17, 2019
Live today like it is your last day on this Earth.
Posted by By Surfpirate | 7 comments | Canada | Jan 17, 2019
I have heard people say that the world needs more love, it will save us all for most of my life. I do not believe this even though it sounds good. Love will not save us because people can love all ...
Posted by By JesseBoren | 11 comments | Evansville, USA | Jan 17, 2019
One of my goals this year is to draw every single day. I've filled 5 pages so far in my large sketchbook. I've used DrawWithJazza's Arty Games app multiple times because it's super fun and it helps me...
Posted by By MusicMnstr99 | 9 comments | IA, USA | Jan 17, 2019
Such huge changes coming for me! My marriage is falling apart, (probably for the best), I'm back in school and looking to change careers at 52, I'm looking for a new house. Jeez! I hope I can handle ...
Posted by By Redwoman66 | 18 comments | Machesney Park Illinois, USA | Jan 16, 2019
Why the Smartest People Have the Toughest Time Dating [huffpost.com]
Posted by By misternatureboy | 14 comments | Sacramento, USA | Jan 16, 2019
Another data dump on my way through....
Posted by By evidentialist | 4 comments | NM, USA | Jan 16, 2019
Today's Inspirational Quote
Posted by By Lutherzme | 5 comments | PA, USA | Jan 16, 2019
I'm so excited that I just had to make a big ass post about it. I found 3 first cousins, a second cousin on the other side and an uncle I didn't even know about. I paid for the membership to ...
Posted by By Lucy_Fehr | 13 comments | Fort Pierce, USA | Jan 16, 2019
LINK People with extreme anti-science views know the least, but think they know the most: study
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 4 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 16, 2019
LINK Des Moines Register calls on Steve King to resign
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 4 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 16, 2019
Sometimes the fear won't go away....
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 5 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 16, 2019