Note: some topics only show up in specific categories (select a category to include them)
All Topics
Did you ever notice about history?
Posted by By Marine | 40 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Sep 2, 2018
LINK Vatican erases pope's remarks about psychiatric help for gay children | World news | The Guardian
Posted by By ValJ | 6 comments | UK | Sep 2, 2018
Quick and frisky
Posted by By AMGT | 46 comments | CA, USA | Sep 2, 2018
Being judged
Posted by By GodlessWahid666 | 33 comments | UK | Sep 2, 2018
Has anyone here had weight loss surgery? (No judging)
Posted by By ArtfulBliss | 26 comments | Portland Metro, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness?
Posted by By JenBeberstein | 21 comments | CA, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Do you say coo-pahn or q-pahn? Milk or melk? Pillow or pellow?
Posted by By Alimacbean | 30 comments | Sarasota, USA | Sep 1, 2018
How to Be Happy
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 16 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Me and Mrs. Jones
Posted by By AMGT | 33 comments | CA, USA | Sep 1, 2018
What sound gives you the shivers when you hear it?
Posted by By Sheannutt | 36 comments | OR, USA | Sep 1, 2018
What's the most ridiculous experience you've had with religion?
Posted by By RICKYT | 32 comments | UK | Sep 1, 2018
The Bad and the Ugly
Posted by By AMGT | 49 comments | CA, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Religion in the south
Posted by By Fireintheocean | 21 comments | SC, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Mind on display
Posted by By AMGT | 38 comments | CA, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Today's feature is you can now view the replies to comments made by members. There is now a link on the profile page to show the replies with the most recent showing first. This feature was recently...
Posted in Site & Customer Service
Posted by By Admin | 11 comments | On Humanist.com | Sep 1, 2018
What's the shortest time you worked for a company before you discovered its a great big mistake?
Posted by By Bendog | 33 comments | Ocean Shores, USA | Sep 1, 2018
LINK Why Do Smart People Do Foolish Things? - Scientific American
Posted by By Matias | 16 comments | Germany | Sep 1, 2018
My Gen Z kids might start liking some Gen X music (I like some of their playlists) I'm so digging this time with them, teenagers rule! Still haven't gotten them to listen to any post punk willingly ...
Posted by By Liberty | 10 comments | Perunamaa, Norway | Sep 1, 2018
The difference among the labels: atheist, secularist, and antitheist.
Posted by By KenChang | 4 comments | WA, USA | Sep 1, 2018
LINK Arctic’s strongest sea ice breaks up for first time on record | World news | The Guardian
Posted by By zblaze | 4 comments | OR, USA | Sep 1, 2018
LINK The Humanist Dilemma: Is It Right—or Obligatory—to Mandate Basic Education for All? - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 11 comments | OR, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Indulging the inner snark safely
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 16 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Happy September!
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 24 comments | Omaha, USA | Sep 1, 2018
What is your definition of integrity?
Posted by By Happyonearth | 24 comments | North Central Florida, USA | Sep 1, 2018
What was the worst thing you experienced in the church?
Posted by By CoCoCatina | 26 comments | LooneyTown, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Opinions please! I have a great job offer in Charleston, SC and currently living in Asheville, NC. Can anyone on this site offer advice, opinion, etc., on the pros/cons of such a move? I have my own ...
Posted by By ReadyforaChange | 8 comments | NC, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Advice needed please
Posted by By CoCoCatina | 44 comments | LooneyTown, USA | Sep 1, 2018
I received a message today from the CEO of a Christian youth program nonprofit.
Posted by By helionoftroy | 27 comments | SC, USA | Aug 31, 2018
How old were you when you came to disbelieve? Do you still hold any religious beliefs you were raised with?
Posted by By Greenheart | 29 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Aug 31, 2018
LINK The Power of Burning Man - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 4 comments | OR, USA | Aug 31, 2018
What was the worst gift you've ever received? (My ex gave me a step stool for Christmas, because I'm so short. Wasn't funny.)
Posted by By Redcupcoffee | 76 comments | Detroit, USA | Aug 31, 2018
If I started an anti-Republican, non-Democratic group on here, would you join? ;)
Posted by By LimitedLight | 31 comments | CO, USA | Aug 31, 2018
Engagement Photos- a Millennial trend?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 21 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Aug 31, 2018
What is it that makes religion so attractive to many people? - - According to Tim Crane in his book "The Meaning of belief", the religious world-view should be seen as a combination of two ...
Posted by By Matias | 18 comments | Germany | Aug 31, 2018
Happy Birthday! @MissKathleen Yuma, Arizona Here August 31 @Melbates Fort Worth, Texas Here August 31 @Finnster Salt Spring Island, Canada Here August 30 @LeeSpaner Monsey, ...
Posted by By Paul628 | 6 comments | Somewhere In, USA | Aug 31, 2018
Is anyone else scared to death to start over?
Posted by By pamb68 | 90 comments | IN, USA | Aug 31, 2018
The Singles/Mingle/Chatroom is Now Open 24 Hours A Day- 7 Days a Week. Please Be Respectful Of All Our Members. Some Are Interested in Dating, Some Are There For Friendship and Some People Just Want ...
Posted by By sassygirl3869 | 4 comments | Nassau, USA | Aug 31, 2018
What’s an addictive mobile device game?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 42 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Aug 31, 2018
How did religion affect you personally?
Posted by By EarthKate | 49 comments | AR, USA | Aug 31, 2018
I've seen the word "plausible" thrown around quite a bit here in regards to spiritual/religious claims, I'll assume this is coming from pure agnostics, and not full on atheists. I think words have ...
Posted by By HereticSin | 20 comments | Hometown, USA | Aug 31, 2018
LINK Why Do People Believe in God? | Psychology Today
Posted by By zblaze | 8 comments | OR, USA | Aug 30, 2018
The epitome of stubbornness: "Someone just honked to get me out of my parking spot faster so now I have to sit here until both of us are dead." Can you top that? My daughter and I are a lot...
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 12 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Aug 30, 2018
LINK Lawsuit: Oregon construction worker fired for refusing to attend Bible study | OregonLive.com
Posted by By chalupacabre | 19 comments | WA, USA | Aug 30, 2018
Age of understanding
Posted by By Pairofexploers | 11 comments | OR, USA | Aug 30, 2018
What is the most agreed upon truth that exists?
Posted by By noseenobelieve | 40 comments | Canada | Aug 30, 2018
Hey there everyone is this site like other sites where no one ever talks to you I'm a big Beatles fan John lennon was fantastic
Posted by By Paul1978 | 19 comments | UK | Aug 30, 2018
Interesting read and I suppose it makes sense. Isn't true for me but I would be curious how many of you felt it might be a part of the disconnection from religion for you? My parents were ...
Posted by By maxhyde | 6 comments | TN, USA | Aug 30, 2018
What’s the worst break up you’ve had?
Posted by By ekon1227 | 42 comments | AZ, USA | Aug 30, 2018
Pillow talk: ever discuss academic subjects?
Posted by By TheAstroChuck | 23 comments | NY, USA | Aug 30, 2018
What communities do you belong to?
Posted by By BoingoOingo42 | 21 comments | NM, USA | Aug 30, 2018
What is a book that has been important in the development of your worldview?
Posted by By Wombat1624 | 52 comments | American Fork, USA | Aug 30, 2018
Robot Rights
Posted by By MShek | 29 comments | Hartford, USA | Aug 30, 2018
Hi everyone, I just created a new group for community members in the tri state area who are interested in discussing issues unique to us. Current events, news stories, politics, or even ...
Posted by By sellinger | 5 comments | NY, USA | Aug 30, 2018
Is there any implication when someone visits your profile often without any further communication? I know I'm guilty of it, but I'm looking at pics of purdy people. I highly doubt people are ...
Posted by By maturin1919 | 19 comments | Gotham City, USA | Aug 30, 2018
Spent part of my day visiting a Baha'i temple. It is a beautiful piece of architecture and the gardens are lovely. I was greeted warmly by some of the followers I said I was a happy atheist and had ...
Posted by By Angelamelek | 16 comments | Australia | Aug 30, 2018
PragerFU: Do We Have Free Will? - misterdeity [youtube.com]
Posted by By phxbillcee | 9 comments | Phoenix, USA | Aug 29, 2018
List favorite methods of recreational non-motorized transportation, then name your favorite. I like: canoes, horseback riding, hiking, biking, driving a horse cart, kayaks, roller skating, ice ...
Posted by By birdingnut | 22 comments | Thailand | Aug 29, 2018
How about some fun with 2 truths and a lie?! Rules: List 2 truths and 1 lie. Everyone tries to guess your lie. I'll start. 1. I speak 3 languages... but 2 are fake. 2. I've been hit by ...
Posted by By Alimacbean | 51 comments | Sarasota, USA | Aug 29, 2018
Your thoughts on pubic hair fashions?
Posted by By Angelamelek | 65 comments | Australia | Aug 29, 2018
POLL IPhone or Android? Why?
Posted by By JenBeberstein | 51 comments | CA, USA | Aug 29, 2018
LINK For believers, fear of atheists is fueled by fear of death
Posted by By zblaze | 35 comments | OR, USA | Aug 29, 2018
Is your workplace atheist friendly.
Posted by By helionoftroy | 37 comments | SC, USA | Aug 29, 2018
Fear of Rejection
Posted by By JSchaper | 26 comments | Burlington, USA | Aug 29, 2018
The introspection illusion. - - - - - - This is a cognitive bias based on the belief that we are capable of accurate insight into our mental states and therefore can understand why we think about...
Posted by By Matias | 6 comments | Germany | Aug 29, 2018
If you could go back to being your younger self (in your twenties or thirties), would you do it? For me, it's a resounding "NO!" I never thought this would be the case, but I'm happiest and most ...
Posted by By RobLawrence | 35 comments | The Boonies, USA | Aug 29, 2018
I recently joined a couple of other free dating sites, and I am quite open about being atheist. When someone looks appealing, of course I check out their profile. What do y'all think about my ...
Posted by By Wendy965 | 103 comments | CO, USA | Aug 29, 2018
Which do you think is more important ?.... To honor [whatever that means ] your parents or to Fully understand[whatever that means ] your parents. Do you do either? on Neither?
Posted by By Mcflewster | 21 comments | Reading UK, UK | Aug 29, 2018
LINK Clinical Trials Have Far Too Little Racial and Ethnic Diversity - Scientific American
Posted by By Ubergooroo | 6 comments | LA, USA | Aug 29, 2018
LINK 5 toxic plants you should know — and avoid - The Washington Post
Posted by By BookDeath | 5 comments | Abingdon, USA | Aug 29, 2018
I'm currently reading Winners Take All by Anand Giridharadas, and a fascinating question pops up early on in the book: What's the best way to enact change? By building something good, or by tearing ...
Posted by By ARToftheJ | 12 comments | CO, USA | Aug 28, 2018
As atheists how many of us have set atheistic goals to be accomplished by a certain time ? Is continuing to explain the truth from an atheists standpoint via books debates social media etc. will ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 18 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Aug 28, 2018
I just started a group for Chess players. If you like the game and want to play others from this site or others on the site we will be using, come join! Eventually, if there are enough people, I ...
Posted by By Levi_Hinton | 8 comments | MN, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Ever spent time around someone who was a perfectionist?
Posted by By TheAstroChuck | 33 comments | NY, USA | Aug 28, 2018
LINK Two psychologists have a surprising theory on how to get motivated
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 8 comments | WV, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Veggies you like
Posted by By GodlessWahid666 | 47 comments | UK | Aug 28, 2018
How long should you go without sex before giving up?
Posted by By Wyattpa | 77 comments | UT, USA | Aug 28, 2018
I have a group of wonderful people here at "Treehouses, tiny homes, natural building" Because people love treehouses, tiny homes, natural building, wind and solar energy efficient homes. Also ...
Posted by By Sheannutt | 5 comments | OR, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Looking for a caption....
Posted by By onlyif | 23 comments | OH, USA | Aug 28, 2018
I see lots of people talk about not liking being alone. Never bothered me. Right now I'm soaking up the sun at Lake Arthur near me. The weekend I will go to Indianapolis (a former home town) for a ...
Posted by By Secretguy | 18 comments | PA, USA | Aug 28, 2018
At the age of 33, I am trying to come to grips with the possibility that I may be alone for the rest of my existence. Yes, I have my kids, but they will soon grow older and want to live their own ...
Posted by By DanielCrawford | 27 comments | OH, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Has anyone here a National Park Ranger or has worked with the National Park Service? I would like to get your experiences, opinions and advice about being a Ranger. How did you become a Ranger? ...
Posted by By RandyMoose | 6 comments | San Angelo, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Troubles because of freethinking and views expression?
Posted by By Michael84 | 9 comments | UK | Aug 28, 2018
Employment
Posted by By Cbabcoco | 33 comments | VA, USA | Aug 28, 2018
LINK Your Phone Is Listening and it's Not Paranoia - VICE
Posted by By balou | 12 comments | Houston, USA | Aug 28, 2018
I Fear The Day Technology Will Surpass Our Human Interaction. The World Will Have a Generation of Idiots. -Albert Einstein
Posted by By sassygirl3869 | 16 comments | Nassau, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Question of the day...would you rather watch a parade, or be IN a parade?
Posted by By SonOfABeachII | 29 comments | NE, USA | Aug 28, 2018
LINK ‘No One Is Ever Really Ready’ Death with Dignity
Posted by By JackPedigo | 11 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Do you find nudity in art unacceptable and why or why not?
Posted by By Marine | 54 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Aug 28, 2018
LINK A neuroscientist explains what tech does to the reading brain - The Verge
Posted by By Ubergooroo | 5 comments | LA, USA | Aug 28, 2018
For those of you who came from deeply ingrained religious beliefs, how did you shift your beliefs about the purpose of life and your personal value and other such issues?
Posted by By Meili | 19 comments | UT, USA | Aug 28, 2018
What Is Intimacy?
Posted by By AMGT | 24 comments | CA, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Anyone have advice on how to come out ofthe atheist closet? I've been skeptical of the religion I was brought up in for a while and abandoned it a couple years ago. My mom has been Christian her whole...
Posted by By jlwebster9 | 32 comments | OK, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Have you ever been so happy from a weight loss journey, you’ve actually cried ?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 23 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Aug 27, 2018
LINK Misogyny hate crime: new research reveals true scale of issue – and how the public are united against it
Posted by By zblaze | 8 comments | OR, USA | Aug 27, 2018
LINK CHURCH & STATE | The Kavanaugh Nomination: How Screwed Are We? - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 7 comments | OR, USA | Aug 27, 2018
I hope you can read this, John McCain's last words from his last book. Very well written, very good read.
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 11 comments | Omaha, USA | Aug 27, 2018
What do the words "mindfulness," "awareness," and "presence" mean to you?
Posted by By bleurowz | 33 comments | Edison, USA | Aug 27, 2018
How do religions really develop? They are not something that is spontaneous they must be created.
Posted by By Marine | 18 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Aug 27, 2018
LINK Wisdom from the dark ages of 1998 for the internet era
Posted by By JackPedigo | 10 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Aug 27, 2018