Note: some topics only show up in specific categories (select a category to include them)
All Topics
Where are you from? As a foreigner here I always get this question at bars. Some idiot asks me "where are you from?". My answer has always been "the restroom". You should see the expression on their ...
Posted by By lafunguy818 | 61 comments | CA, USA | Sep 20, 2018
Apistevist
Posted by By Auty89 | 12 comments | SC, USA | Sep 19, 2018
I'm sorry, but I really need to vent: My grandma is sick, hospitalized and just over 90. I'm attempting to force myself into a mindset where I can deal with the inevitable. Truth is, I know I'll...
Posted by By kasmian | 30 comments | Portugal | Sep 19, 2018
Has anyone else had a religious friend ask where your sense of morality comes from? Didn’t really know what to say except that I enjoy making people feel good. Treat people as you want to be ...
Posted by By Sbaren00 | 73 comments | AR, USA | Sep 19, 2018
Are common interests important to you?
Posted by By Nichole765 | 78 comments | IN, USA | Sep 19, 2018
I could use some words of wisdom, friends. I don't have any family to turn to. I am all alone here. I turned to this community for support. Please, be gentle if you have some harsh words. I do hope ...
Posted by By ForeignNata | 41 comments | AR, USA | Sep 19, 2018
Is it possible to keep your child away from the idea of religion? I want her to make her own choices about it as she grows up, not have others force feed her supernatural ideas. Is this realistic with...
Posted by By Antitheist30 | 42 comments | NC, USA | Sep 19, 2018
I used to think I had anger management issues when it comes to relationships, but I recently pondered my behavior and have concluded that I actually have trust issues. Why is it so hard for people to...
Posted by By Bevzilla | 22 comments | OH, USA | Sep 18, 2018
I would like to share a question some of my friends from the believer’s communities commonly ask. It’s regarding the opportunities for social life and gatherings for atheists. How would ...
Posted by By aRationalThinker | 29 comments | MA, USA | Sep 18, 2018
I am agnostic and I am dating a mormon. Is this a recipe for disaster?
Posted by By BSquared | 59 comments | TX, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Need some input please!! So, one of the instructors in my Instructional Technology grad program asked us to design instruction for new ushers for a local church. It's worth a good portion of my final ...
Posted by By ReadyforaChange | 25 comments | NC, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Are there any female atheist activists?
Posted by By Matias | 37 comments | Germany | Sep 18, 2018
Has anybody ever gone numb emotionally?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 78 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Hurricane Florence is finally gone. Have electric back on after 6 days without. Felt great to take a shower, finally. Everyone has lost all food in freezers and refrigerators. The two grocery ...
Posted by By Alvinsmama | 17 comments | Jacksonville, USA | Sep 18, 2018
It's a rainy day here in western Massachusetts. My favorite thing to eat on a rainy day is pea soup. What's yours?
Posted by By fidla | 34 comments | Amherst, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Do you think that living in a foreign country for a long period of time changes people? Two very conservative friends of mine lived overseas for a long period of time and it changed them. After ...
Posted by By UrsiMajor | 44 comments | With The Ospreys, USA | Sep 18, 2018
LINK Study: people tend to cluster into four distinct personality “types” | Ars Technica
Posted by By Ubergooroo | 15 comments | LA, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Never forget to ask yourself this question: Today is the first day of the rest of my life...why am I Here? And no this is not existential claptrap, I mean, why are you standing right here, right ...
Posted by By AnneWimsey | 20 comments | Groton, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Who is the most knowledgeable public atheist today?
Posted by By Antitheist30 | 21 comments | NC, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Have you ever been in a relationship where the other person did not know the cultural "givens" ? The 1st time was with a Jewish gf who did not know the story of the the good Samaritan. So I had to ...
Posted by By 273kelvin | 14 comments | Liverpool, UK | Sep 17, 2018
Being Jewish
Posted by By Auty89 | 21 comments | SC, USA | Sep 17, 2018
How did you find this site?
Posted by By lafunguy818 | 18 comments | CA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Ever dated a religious person
Posted by By ClayMountain | 29 comments | KS, USA | Sep 17, 2018
So I have a 2nd grade student who was sticking mini Post It notes all over the playground equipment today. They read, "god is a mith." The other kids started getting upset. It was a first for me. ...
Posted by By rcc0780 | 49 comments | CA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
I spent a lot of time when I was young trying to figure out what was wrong with me since I didn't believe in god and everybody else did. Did anybody experience this reversal of logic?
Posted by By Bendog | 18 comments | Ocean Shores, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 87 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK Micro-cheating
Posted by By Ubergooroo | 20 comments | LA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK The Middle Way Society: Agnosticism
Posted by By TheMiddleWay | 7 comments | CA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Does anyone else here read the actual arguments made by atheists/naturalists set forth on sites like infidels.org, or in books by the likes of Dr. Michael Martin and Dr. Rick Monnier? Do you have any ...
Posted by By PolyWolf | 10 comments | PA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK Did (a) god create humans
Posted by By JackPedigo | 30 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Should I have my kids visit my religious mother and father-in-law?
Posted by By Freethinker85 | 27 comments | SC, USA | Sep 17, 2018
What's your most outlandish belief? (Mine is, I believe crop circles are not man-made.)
Posted by By Redcupcoffee | 87 comments | Detroit, USA | Sep 17, 2018
LINK This Husband's Pumpkin-Themed Dudeoir Shoot for His Wife Will Certainly Put the Spice in Your Latte - Dudeoir Photography
Posted by By Alvingo1 | 4 comments | TX, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Always interesting to see the latest in psychology regarding women's thoughts. It helps me as a man to better understand women. :) 3 Secrets of Sexual Desire Women Keep, Even From Themselves ...
Posted by By CoastRiderBill | 22 comments | Canada | Sep 16, 2018
Should one bring/send flowers on a first date? Not a coffee. A real date. Dinner and a show, or lunch and a ballgame.
Posted by By Donwhy | 60 comments | WA, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Anyone else think of his site as a secret society? :P
Posted by By Freethinker85 | 30 comments | SC, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Why do people act badly at family events?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 39 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 16, 2018
How do you know if you’ve really ever been in love?
Posted by By MountainBound | 30 comments | IN, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Job satisfaction.
Posted by By Crow616 | 51 comments | UK | Sep 16, 2018
Does a bad day give you the right to be un-pleasant?
Posted by By Marine | 54 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Competition: healthy or not?
Posted by By Akfishlady | 54 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Anyone interested in doing a reading group. We all read a scholarly article or interesting novel, for example, and discuss it?
Posted by By Skeptic66 | 28 comments | IL, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Dating people with different religious belief , does it work out well or they can both come to an understanding , Curious !
Posted by By claudia2689 | 30 comments | FL, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Have you ever hated/disliked your boyfriend/girlfriend’s mom/dad or both?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 62 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 15, 2018
What do you do when you're blue?
Posted by By Kayterade5348 | 112 comments | TX, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Books Better the 2nd Time? Hello, I've recently been re-reading books I first read 20 years ago: specifically Camus' The Stranger and Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. I hated The Stranger when I...
Posted by By Hastur | 23 comments | The Suncoast, USA | Sep 15, 2018
How do you like a a post on a thread.
Posted by By alanalorie | 11 comments | Lawrence, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Are you happy enough?
Posted by By skado | 88 comments | AL, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Is there something fundamentally different with our bodies before we die as opposed to after we die? I was reading some of the comments to a thread about whether they were concerned about what ...
Posted by By Ceneaa | 6 comments | Canada | Sep 15, 2018
Why is it that most people here are from the US? Do most agnostic and atheistic people live in the States?
Posted by By Noyi | 42 comments | India | Sep 15, 2018
I’m tired of living in the south & hearing the same lines & religious conversations. I need to move several states away at this point to keep my sanity. How do some of you cope with living in the ...
Posted by By BenR | 21 comments | TX, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Any recovering Southern Baptists out there?
Posted by By remark0820 | 28 comments | AZ, USA | Sep 15, 2018
What happens to your spirt / mind when you die? Are you reincarnated? Do you go into another dimension? Or maybe you are born again in a different time? What are everyone's thoughts?
Posted by By CMan | 55 comments | NV, USA | Sep 14, 2018
Last straw for Religion
Posted by By beerkrump | 11 comments | Triune, USA | Sep 14, 2018
I am 48. I give myself a 5% chance to fall in love again and that's probably a very optimistic number. I think the older you are the more picky you get so the chance of falling on love diminish every ...
Posted by By EggMcMuffin | 98 comments | FL, USA | Sep 13, 2018
Has a certain song ever sounded faster than usual to you on the radio?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 37 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 13, 2018
Boy Scouts?
Posted by By DaphneDarling | 80 comments | MN, USA | Sep 13, 2018
I think it would be cool to join a lodge or the Masons or something, but they all require a belief in a higher power. Some people play semantics and call physics their higher power, but at the root ...
Posted by By JohnnyMarsz | 28 comments | WI, USA | Sep 13, 2018
Are you very concerned what happens to your body after death?
Posted by By Marine | 119 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Sep 13, 2018
Hey Agnosticating Intelligiosos; Just wanna say how great of a time I'm having on this site. I may have mentioned before how I've never ventured into the realm of any social site, previous to this ...
Posted by By hardball | 11 comments | Fontana, USA | Sep 13, 2018
What is an item you've inherited that you most treasure?
Posted by By bleurowz | 57 comments | Edison, USA | Sep 13, 2018
LINK Spanish actor detained after ridiculing 'God and the Virgin Mary' | World news | The Guardian
Posted by By William77 | 10 comments | India | Sep 13, 2018
Have you seen any changes in the discussion processes since you joined this site? Any which illustrate the success and spread of a point made in the discussion would be particularly useful.
Posted by By Mcflewster | 6 comments | Reading UK, UK | Sep 13, 2018
Where are you on the bridge? What are YOU doing there? For many years I have thought of agnosticism as a bridge - a metaphor for the means of completing the journey from the delusions of religion ...
Posted by By Mcflewster | 32 comments | Reading UK, UK | Sep 13, 2018
Are you still involved in highly religious settings despite no longer being a believer?
Posted by By AustinSkepticus | 32 comments | Chicagoland, USA | Sep 13, 2018
The Real Problem I Love this site and the clarity of thinking exhibited, even love chasing down the trolls, lol! However, I see a pervasive myth that if we just show the religious the Truth, they ...
Posted by By AnneWimsey | 48 comments | Groton, USA | Sep 13, 2018
The Roman Catholic church has admitted many of its priests & bishops committed child rape and other sexual/physical abuse across the world. Its involvement in the deaths of hundreds of infants in ...
Posted by By kozmic | 19 comments | WI, USA | Sep 13, 2018
Raised Atheist or left a religion?
Posted by By michael18 | 44 comments | ID, USA | Sep 13, 2018
Albert Einstein believed in the pantheistic god of 17th century rationalist Baruch Spinoza. His believed in a God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, not a God who corncerns himself...
Posted by By drstin13 | 18 comments | TN, USA | Sep 13, 2018
First impressions can be over-looked?
Posted by By chemicalromance | 56 comments | MO, USA | Sep 12, 2018
Are You a Voter? Or are you in the same mind set as being connected to a certain Religion likewise being political coincides with being affiliated with a certain belief that influences how you cast ...
Posted by By Nevermind345 | 23 comments | MD, USA | Sep 12, 2018
Hi folks. I am new here. I want to start off with a question that I asked former classmates back when I was in school... Other than religion, what other social (or even political) narratives do ...
Posted by By Vicarious | 18 comments | CA, USA | Sep 12, 2018
LINK The source attribution effect, or : Tribal thinking trumps reason
Posted by By Matias | 18 comments | Germany | Sep 12, 2018
Do you like maps? Are you fascinated by maps? New group all about maps.... [agnostic.com] Join and Share your favorite maps, map memes, etc. Here's the link again to the group: ...
Posted by By SkotlandSkye | 11 comments | Happy Land, West By Midwest, USA | Sep 12, 2018
Capitalism works on much the same principle as evolution. Does anyone else find it odd that capitalism is now worshiped by christians who deny evolution?
Posted by By BeerAndWine | 23 comments | san jose, ca, USA | Sep 12, 2018
Question: What Is The Best Candidate In Our Solar System (Apart from Earth) As An Abode For Extraterrestrial Life? While I know that the darling candidates in our Solar System for those into ...
Posted by By johnprytz | 20 comments | Australia | Sep 12, 2018
I30 points to level 6
Posted by By Sunsetworshiper | 25 comments | MI, USA | Sep 11, 2018
LINK Drug company CEO calls 400 percent price hike ‘moral requirement’
Posted by By chalupacabre | 25 comments | WA, USA | Sep 11, 2018
Music or no music during sex?
Posted by By MUGGLEborn | 154 comments | MD, USA | Sep 11, 2018
Superstition
Posted by By Happyheretic | 37 comments | Castleisland, Ireland | Sep 11, 2018
LINK Don’t Believe the Hype: Tech-Induced Anxiety is Real | Thrive Global
Posted by By balou | 7 comments | Houston, USA | Sep 11, 2018
I've been on this site since April and enjoy it immensely. There is one aspect that saddens me. It seems to me that sometimes posts get into pissing contests over who is right or wrong, or smarter ...
Posted by By ladyprof70 | 31 comments | WI, USA | Sep 11, 2018
Got my shirt, celebrated with friends
Posted by By glennlab | 14 comments | TX, USA | Sep 11, 2018
What do you guys think.
Posted by By Carla1963 | 45 comments | Austin, USA | Sep 10, 2018
If you had to recommend someone watch 5 TV series, what would you pick? (here are mine) 1. Breaking Bad 2. Better Call Saul 3. The Walking Dead 4. Stranger Things 5. X-Files 6. (bonus - ...
Posted by By Redcupcoffee | 132 comments | Detroit, USA | Sep 10, 2018
I have raved about Jonathon Haidt's book "A Righteous Mind" many times on this site. In my opinion, there is no better understanding of the left and right divide available. Here is Dr. Haidt ...
Posted by By Humanistheathen | 4 comments | CA, USA | Sep 10, 2018
Are you unusually sensitive, too?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 18 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 10, 2018
I don't know how to make sense of this. I have a friend who only seems to communicate with me if I reach out to them first. They're happy to respond right away, but always after I initiate. When I ...
Posted by By bleurowz | 47 comments | Edison, USA | Sep 10, 2018
No reason to spend your Monday cranky! [psychologytoday.com]
Posted by By RoadGoddess | 14 comments | Houston, USA | Sep 10, 2018
What happens after a human being dies? To me, this is one of the easiest questions about life and death to answer. Not only is the answer painfully obvious but all of us, nonbelievers and ...
Posted by By JimiYugo | 59 comments | TX, USA | Sep 10, 2018
Someone on Facebook asked this question: is there one God, many gods, a higher power, or only science? Here was my answer... There is only science. But what’s science? It is the practice of ...
Posted by By Michel | 26 comments | Ottawa, Canada | Sep 10, 2018
I have just received my Agnostics Tshirt and pen in the mail this morning. I will get a photo taken wearing it asap and post it! Can’t wait to hear what my friends say when they see me wear it. I ...
Posted by By Marionville | 23 comments | UK | Sep 10, 2018
How did you become an Atheist/Agnostic.etc?
Posted by By GlaslowII | 53 comments | WA, USA | Sep 10, 2018
POLL Had a great day today, world didn't burn up because I'm a atheist. Funny others need the belief to make it every day. Question is when we are all gone from this lifetime will the next generation past ...
Posted by By Cooper1020 | 5 comments | IN, USA | Sep 9, 2018
Where do you find meaning?
Posted by By Lucignolo | 84 comments | FL, USA | Sep 9, 2018
This is a good piece and worth the read from The Atlantic The Supreme Court Is Headed Back to the 19th Century [theatlantic.com]
Posted by By KateZilla | 10 comments | TN, USA | Sep 9, 2018
· Yesterday, September 8, 2018 was a very special day for me and Dan. The main event of the day was a Pow Wow/Meeting of the Tribes at Brown's Farm in beautiful East Greenbush, NY. The air was ...
Posted by By sassygirl3869 | 11 comments | Nassau, USA | Sep 9, 2018
10 reasons atheists do it better Over a year ago by PAUL RATNER Although the exact number is hard to pin down, an estimated 13% of the world identifies as atheist. While believing or not ...
Posted by By lubestr89mao | 9 comments | Philippines | Sep 9, 2018
People often talk about raising children with an open mind, letting them make their own decisions about belief and gods. I cannot accept that. I am an atheist, and I cannot see any purpose to ...
Posted by By HereticSin | 42 comments | Hometown, USA | Sep 9, 2018
LINK Call for atheism to be included in religious education | Education | The Guardian
Posted by By William77 | 14 comments | India | Sep 9, 2018