Health & Happiness
Newest Trending New Comments Trending Tags | All
Newest New Comments Last Viewed Most comments Most liked Tags All
Today's hike: Squirrel bombs us with pine cones
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 4 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Jan 22, 2019
NPR talked about this on the morning show. There are no corolations given, thus neither right nor left wing, simply science data. As the guy talking said, it could be we are better at detecting, or ...
Posted by By Beowulfsfriend | 4 comments | PA, USA | Jan 22, 2019
Always remember
Posted by By BrokenMarrow | 7 comments | Herndon, USA | Jan 18, 2019
LINK List of facial hairstyles - Wikipedia
Posted by By Denker | 4 comments | Netherlands | Jan 18, 2019
POLL How many folks enjoy rural living/prefer it to urban/suburban living? Moved to the country eight years back (from suburbs) & my life has improved tremendously. Stress levels dropped immediately, now...
Posted by By Lucky57 | 10 comments | Beckton, USA | Jan 17, 2019
Sometimes the fear won't go away....
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 5 comments | Omaha, USA | Jan 16, 2019
Female film critic: "I got death threats for writing a bad review of 'Aquaman.'"
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 13 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Jan 16, 2019
Insight or opinions welcome
Posted by By Byrd | 12 comments | Enumclaw, USA | Jan 11, 2019
POLL Did you make a resolution this year? If you did are you still on course?
Posted by By Chooseluv | 10 comments | Canada | Jan 11, 2019
Dealing with grief
Posted by By WonderLust | 22 comments | WI, USA | Dec 28, 2018
Pear and Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 9 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 25, 2018
The greatest Christmas movie is not "Die Hard," but "Dick in a Box"
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 11 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 25, 2018
Love has no borders- Arizona man fulfills Christmas wish list
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 7 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 24, 2018
What are you unashamed of?
Posted by By VictoriaNotes | 35 comments | MS Gulf Coast, USA | Dec 23, 2018
POLL How many would like to transform their body?
Posted by By WarmFluffy | 40 comments | AL, USA | Dec 23, 2018
LINK BBC - Future - Why the quickest route to happiness may be to do nothing
Posted by By VictoriaNotes | 21 comments | MS Gulf Coast, USA | Dec 21, 2018
People with the healthiest personality types have these three qualities
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 15 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 20, 2018
How do you decorate for the holidays?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 34 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 17, 2018
Why do we feel territorial about parking space?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 39 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 13, 2018
How did you come out to your family as atheist (or whatever you identify as)?
Posted by By EarthKate | 40 comments | AR, USA | Dec 11, 2018
Do you see the humor in life? Tell us a funny story.
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 21 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 11, 2018
Am I wrong to have my guard up over this?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 21 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Dec 10, 2018
What do you turn to in times of sadness?
Posted by By Holodeck30 | 63 comments | OH, USA | Dec 6, 2018
Three-quarters done and ready to give up. Have you ever felt like that?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 23 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 6, 2018
Do you enjoy fixing things?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 27 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 4, 2018
LINK The science is clear: dirty farm water is making us sick
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 9 comments | Omaha, USA | Dec 2, 2018
What do you enjoy about workplace holiday parties?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 15 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Nov 26, 2018
LINK What you're getting wrong about your pursuit of happiness
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 10 comments | WV, USA | Nov 24, 2018
For those of you who are alone during the holidays, (and would prefer not to be), meetup.com has groups where you can meet fabulous people and lots of meetup groups are having Thanksgiving get ...
Posted by By Hihi | 4 comments | Dayton, USA | Nov 22, 2018
What are a few of your favorite things?
Posted by By pepperjones | 52 comments | WA, USA | Nov 21, 2018
Do you polish your shoes?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 48 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Nov 17, 2018
Is weight loss surgery a quick fix?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 24 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Nov 17, 2018
When was the last time you made someone smile? I told a young woman in the hairdressers' today that I liked her eyelashes, they looked pretty. It was true. They did. Her face lit up and I ...
Posted by By ValJ | 11 comments | UK | Nov 17, 2018
Men don't have to worry about this.
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 35 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Nov 16, 2018
How have you handled a crisis or emergency?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 8 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Nov 14, 2018
Who is the woman in history you admire and draw strength from and why?
Posted by By Sunsetmermaid | 20 comments | Hot Springs Arkansas, USA | Nov 14, 2018
LINK Why So Many Smart People Aren’t Happy - The Atlantic - Pocket
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 9 comments | WV, USA | Nov 13, 2018
Wow, what a good talk that onlyif and I had today, we met in person at an Arby's roast beef and had great conversation for about an hour.. We sat, ate, drank and talked, we will have a great great ...
Posted by By KevinRock | 5 comments | OH, USA | Nov 13, 2018
You are what you eat: True or false?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 28 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Nov 13, 2018
Do You Feel Like an Outsider?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 40 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Nov 11, 2018
I've been observing many friends lately as they go through health challenges. Perhaps it comes with advanced aging, but I can't help but Wonder.... Do you think sometimes we label ourselves and then ...
Posted by By SukiSue | 11 comments | Small Town, USA | Nov 9, 2018
Does anybody else have a crazy neighbor? How do you deal with it? My crazy neighbor was out on her front porch screaming at a crow this morning because it was making too much noise. I'm losing it ...
Posted by By Kojaksmom | 12 comments | Blue Dot In Red State, USA | Nov 7, 2018
Thanksgiving Finger Puppets
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 11 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Nov 1, 2018
LINK What Would You Tell Your 18-Year-Old Self?
Posted by By bleurowz | 98 comments | Edison, USA | Oct 29, 2018
LINK A Short History of American Medical Insurance - Imprimis
Posted by By IAMGROOT | 6 comments | Sacramento, USA | Oct 29, 2018
Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
Posted by By Alliegirl | 115 comments | SC, USA | Oct 28, 2018
LINK What to Do When You Feel Let Down by Someone
Posted by By bleurowz | 25 comments | Edison, USA | Oct 26, 2018
What makes/made you happy today? Happy hour at Barrio Queen made my evening (Todo a madre!), as well as the Thursday night art walk.
Posted by By AzVixen52 | 36 comments | Phoenix, USA | Oct 25, 2018
Older People Are Worse Than Young People at Telling Fact from Opinion [theatlantic.com]
Posted by By celticagent | 29 comments | Northampton, USA | Oct 25, 2018
LINK Why Doesn't Ancient Fiction Talk About Feelings?
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 14 comments | WV, USA | Oct 22, 2018
LINK Growing Up Surrounded by Books Could Have a Powerful, Lasting Effect on the Mind
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 11 comments | WV, USA | Oct 22, 2018
Atheist = Depressed?
Posted by By Lucignolo | 116 comments | FL, USA | Oct 22, 2018
Look what was in my mailbox today!
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 44 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Oct 19, 2018
Things I have never done... I am very lucky, I have filled my 52 years with lots of interesting and exciting things. I have travelled the circumfrence of the globe and made stops in between. I have ...
Posted by By Amisja | 8 comments | UK | Oct 19, 2018
Where should I go?
Posted by By Meili | 19 comments | UT, USA | Oct 19, 2018
Today my job had a company wide meeting telling us that 200 people were getting laid off immediately. They said go to your desk and wait for a call from your supervisor. I can not even explain how ...
Posted by By Alimacbean | 102 comments | Sarasota, USA | Oct 17, 2018
Which one would you prefer in your life; catch up in person or mainly social media? Mine will always be the catch up in person.
Posted by By Jolanta | 33 comments | Australia | Oct 17, 2018
I'm less fearful of death now because I'm a agnostic/atheist . Several years ago I collapsed with a cardiac condition which has since been resolved. I woke up the following day in a intensive care ...
Posted by By Lemonhead526 | 42 comments | Liverpool, Uk, UK | Oct 14, 2018
LINK For All Life As We Know It: The Case for Humanist Environmentalism - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 8 comments | OR, USA | Oct 5, 2018
I just don't understand how people can stand being alone. It is the worst feeling for me. I wish it weren't but I have to be honest. Wondering if I'm some sort of freak as most seem just fine with it....
Posted by By Deanervin | 82 comments | WA, USA | Oct 3, 2018
POLL Do you believe that a cure for cancer exists, but it's not available to the public because medical companies would lose money on treatments?
Posted by By UrsiMajor | 90 comments | With The Ospreys, USA | Oct 2, 2018
Home remedies. What's your favorite?
Posted by By FynTul | 38 comments | MN, USA | Sep 30, 2018
What exactly is mindfulness? I'm filling up my water bottle using the spigot for the filtered water. I'm watching the water going into the container and I'm watching and I'm thinking.... ...
Posted by By SukiSue | 35 comments | Small Town, USA | Sep 29, 2018
Being a woman is worse than being a farmer
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 62 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 26, 2018
Does anybody else suffer from extreme anxiety and depression? I have been self medicating with caffeine and alcohol since I was a teenager. I didn't know I had it until a few years ago when my ...
Posted by By fidla | 37 comments | Amherst, USA | Sep 25, 2018
Some people are just born into a lucky life while others aren’t? True or false?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 85 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 24, 2018
POLL Would you want to know? A friend of mine just told me that after taking a treatment for weak arms/muscles for 3 months, his doctor, after telling him that the treatments seem to be working, told him ...
Posted by By lerlo | 30 comments | AZ, USA | Sep 24, 2018
How to turn a negative into a positive: Scientists have used the Zika virus to kill aggressive brain cancer cells in mice. Researchers from The University of Texas used a Zika virus vaccine to ...
Posted by By birdingnut | 5 comments | Thailand | Sep 22, 2018
LINK Everything You Know About Obesity Is Wrong - The Huffington Post
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 18 comments | Omaha, USA | Sep 21, 2018
I have for quite some time thought that those incarcerated in penitentiaries should be given free access to all the cannabis they want. I think this would solve, or at least mitigate, a number of ...
Posted by By Condor5 | 9 comments | CA, USA | Sep 21, 2018
I'm sorry, but I really need to vent: My grandma is sick, hospitalized and just over 90. I'm attempting to force myself into a mindset where I can deal with the inevitable. Truth is, I know I'll...
Posted by By kasmian | 30 comments | Portugal | Sep 19, 2018
Has anybody ever gone numb emotionally?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 78 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 18, 2018
It's a rainy day here in western Massachusetts. My favorite thing to eat on a rainy day is pea soup. What's yours?
Posted by By fidla | 34 comments | Amherst, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Never forget to ask yourself this question: Today is the first day of the rest of my life...why am I Here? And no this is not existential claptrap, I mean, why are you standing right here, right ...
Posted by By AnneWimsey | 20 comments | Groton, USA | Sep 18, 2018
Job satisfaction.
Posted by By Crow616 | 51 comments | UK | Sep 16, 2018
What do you do when you're blue?
Posted by By Kayterade5348 | 112 comments | TX, USA | Sep 15, 2018
Are you happy enough?
Posted by By skado | 88 comments | AL, USA | Sep 15, 2018
What is an item you've inherited that you most treasure?
Posted by By bleurowz | 57 comments | Edison, USA | Sep 13, 2018
Are you unusually sensitive, too?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 18 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 10, 2018
I don't know how to make sense of this. I have a friend who only seems to communicate with me if I reach out to them first. They're happy to respond right away, but always after I initiate. When I ...
Posted by By bleurowz | 47 comments | Edison, USA | Sep 10, 2018
No reason to spend your Monday cranky! [psychologytoday.com]
Posted by By RoadGoddess | 14 comments | Houston, USA | Sep 10, 2018
What you perceive on a person's outsides, may be nothing like what is going on inside. Be Gentle. I woke this morning to see this powerful image on Facebook; it says so much about the millions ...
Posted by By josephr | 8 comments | Victoria, Canada | Sep 9, 2018
Would you work an environment if everyone else was religious except you?
Posted by By Slimboyfat | 30 comments | New Zealand | Sep 9, 2018
What is your favorite place you've ever lived?
Posted by By EarthKate | 105 comments | AR, USA | Sep 8, 2018
You are your worst critic? Is that quote true or false?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 55 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Sep 7, 2018
How did you succeed by not giving up? Tell us a story.
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 19 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 7, 2018
What is the best thing to do when someone says something to you you find offensive? Yesterday at work, it was hot and I was really sweating (my work attire requires me to wear a float coat) when I ...
Posted by By Akfishlady | 38 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Sep 6, 2018
Ceremonies
Posted by By AMGT | 22 comments | CA, USA | Sep 6, 2018
How do you relax?
Posted by By gzman02 | 38 comments | PA, USA | Sep 5, 2018
It has been some time since I have visited the site, and a lot has transpired since I last peeked in. I have made some significant changes in my life - most notably a career change into the mental ...
Posted by By NaturalBornCynic | 6 comments | Prescott, USA | Sep 5, 2018
I want to share with the community my journey with Depression; not because I want pitty or sympathy ...but an understanding ; that is all I ever wanted by sharing my experiences;... my journey through...
Posted by By AJimboShep82 | 12 comments | Canada | Sep 3, 2018
Ain’t No Grasshoppers Here!
Posted by By AMGT | 37 comments | CA, USA | Sep 3, 2018
LINK How a Young Woman Lost Her Identity | The New Yorker
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 9 comments | WV, USA | Sep 3, 2018
Does anyone feel this? I have come to the conclusion that my mother does not attribute her generous and humane actions to herself, literally. She says that she is doing gods work. No, dammit, ...
Posted by By machus1 | 25 comments | NC, USA | Sep 3, 2018
Has anyone here had weight loss surgery? (No judging)
Posted by By ArtfulBliss | 26 comments | Portland Metro, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness?
Posted by By JenBeberstein | 21 comments | CA, USA | Sep 1, 2018
How to Be Happy
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 16 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 1, 2018
Indulging the inner snark safely
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 16 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Sep 1, 2018
What communities do you belong to?
Posted by By BoingoOingo42 | 21 comments | NM, USA | Aug 30, 2018
List favorite methods of recreational non-motorized transportation, then name your favorite. I like: canoes, horseback riding, hiking, biking, driving a horse cart, kayaks, roller skating, ice ...
Posted by By birdingnut | 22 comments | Thailand | Aug 29, 2018