22 6

What quality(ies) of the opposite sex do you appreciate the most?

So, today (December 20) is the International Human Solidarity Day, and I thought it would serve as a fitting occasion for us to say something nice about each another, if nothing else, just to remind us how much we take each other for granted.

I invite everyone to talk, in a genuine non-sarcastic way, about positive attributes that they think are generally more pronounced in the opposite sex or among the transgender/genderfluid community. So, here I go first:

The thing I admire the most about women is their greater ability to show compassion and empathy. It is sometimes frustrating to see the number of men who just don't give a shit about the fate of other human beings or species. I feel we would've been living on a very soulless and merciless planet if it wasn't for women.

By Darius77
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

22 comments

I appreciate the same qualities in all people. Genuineness, compassion, honesty...

If we want to be thought of as equals we should, by definition, recognize those traits in everyone and not pigeonhole anyone into what were once considered "gender specific" qualities or identities.

Bierbasstard Level 8 Dec 20, 2018

Thank You ~

I love discovering that a man has paid attention, to his surroundings, people and other living things. Once there has been awareness, other traits reveal themselves:concern, love , appreciation.

Spinliesel Level 8 Dec 20, 2018

The ability, and willingness to show love. I once dated a young man who absolutely hated his Mother. She had nothing to do with why he hated her, she was just the scape goat. Then I met a man who not only loved his Mother but was kind and considerate to those who could do nothing for him. We have been married for 36 years and I still admire him.

PammiJ Level 4 Dec 20, 2018

This is wonderful! It's so nice to hear such a man exists, and that you have such a good marriage.

Hmmm...this is a hard one. I feel sometimes my life has been coming in contact with a series of takers. As if I have this sign on my forehead that I can't see, but everyone else sees that states "Go ahead-Take advantage of me." But then, I live in the world of education, and that pretty much sums up that world. Lol.

So, for International Human Solidarity Day, the quality I appreciate most in the opposite gender is their ability to compartmentalize. Letting the noise and distractions go and really being able to focus in has led the world to so much innovation and advancement.

linxminx Level 6 Dec 20, 2018

I love the way... men smell, their ability to be all I want when I need to be comforted, their ability to "man handle" objects as if they are a piece of string, their ability to have a completely different perspective on just about anything in life.

I love that they "think" they know nothing about the female anatomy, yet they can stroke a female like a well tuned instrument!

The biggest thing I love about men... they have PARTS I don't, and I love those PARTS! Yummy!

Pluviophile Level 5 Jan 1, 2019

Hmm I like that answer.

As far as most positive attributes go, I think either sex can exhibit them. What I think is amazing about women, though, is that they can have babies. Not that I want any more babies, but it is amazing. Without women (or men, for that matter), we wouldn't exist... Additionally, I think women in general are emotionally "softer" in a good way, which seems to be a nice complement to most men. Maybe because of less testosterone? I also admire their bodies. Did I mention I admire their bodies?

sfvpool Level 7 Dec 20, 2018

i am not being sarcastic when i say that i refuse to generalize. i don't divide up admirable qualities (or the other kind) by gender.

g

genessa Level 8 Dec 20, 2018

No gender holds a monopoly on any admirable quality, but there are certain things that men and women excel at on average. I think that's worth celebrating.

Edited

Agree. Not into Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus bs. The opposite sex is a fiction.

Edited

@PalacinkyPDX oh i HATE that book! i am against everything it stands for!

g

@genessa Strictly a case of, make millions by giving the lazy thinking what they want to hear.

@PalacinkyPDX ugh yes i am afraid so. fortunately for me i saw that book at the same time i discovered richard feynman's books, looked one way, looked the other, went with feynman, never looked back!

g

Blunt honesty. I know it seems like a tough one to accept for most, but not me. At least with someone who is blunt, I know what to expect.

angelashupe Level 4 Dec 25, 2018

Beware of the paradox.

What quality do I appreciate the most? Their willingness to have sex with me. Those that don't want to I appreciate as people and get on with life.

MarkiusMahamius Level 5 Dec 20, 2018

Dick, body hair, the way they sound and smell, big hands

KissedbySun Level 7 Dec 20, 2018

Wow, somebody honest and gutsy!

I wish I warn’t so old. SC ain’t that far away.

@WilliamFleming pretty much other attributes that I appreciate don't tend towards either gender... kindness, respect, keeping their word, sense of humor. So yeah, it's pretty much the physical that attracts me to men! Viva la difference!

She was real and not just an imaginary person in my head

Drsmash253 Level 7 Dec 20, 2018

Or the picture that came in the frame for Glamour Shots.
[briff.me]

@greyeyed123 right!!

Kind, Caring, Understanding, Affectionate, Passionate, Open-Minded, Loyal, Truthful and Honest.

AdamWarlock Level 5 Dec 20, 2018

The Hardware... 'Long is Original from Factory... No Transformers.

GipsyOfNewSpain Level 8 Dec 20, 2018

Ha Ha, here’s an honest guy not afraid to say he likes the hardware!

It’s hard to type when you’re laughing.

I absolutely love the more compassionate and nurturing nature of the feminine. I love the gentleness, caring, and "softness". I love the antithesis of the masculine. It drives me wild with desire.

Piratefish Level 7 Jan 1, 2019

I admire compassion and intelligence. I find a man’s voice to be much more of.a turn-on than his looks.

Busylady Level 3 Dec 31, 2018

I admire the fact men have the ability to be stronger (I work out every day and can never attain their muscular level), they can pee standing outside without pissing on their own sneakers (sucks 4 my sneakers), I am attracted to men-scent, body, some set of make believe attributes: eye contact, I lean towards long hair hippie old music fans, jeans, sandals or work boots, a confident walk, smile, sense of humor. It's all ephemeral. Attraction is in "my" head for whatever past life experiences put there. Men also like to build things, I admire that. I wish I was handier with hammer, nails electric saws etc.

K9Kohle789 Level 5 Dec 26, 2018

I admire men who are philanthropic, giving to causes that benefit our fellow human beings, be it education, eldercare, the homeless, or the sick. Also, volunteerism. This tells me that they are not tribal and care deeply about humanity in general, apart and aside from those people that they are related to or know well. To feel compassion for strangers and feel driven to help them is the very definition of altruism. Aside from that, I cannot really ascribe any specific merit-worthy traits by sex.

LaRaconteur Level 4 Dec 26, 2018

Ambition, intellect, and desires me

Jaed Level 4 Dec 25, 2018

Most women love to hug and cuddle, something of which I whole hearted agree with and appreciate.

LenHazell53 Level 8 Dec 20, 2018

I agree—women tend to be warm-hearted. I also like the fact that they tend to be practical, prudent and responsible. They take care of themselves better.

WilliamFleming Level 7 Dec 20, 2018

I've found most women, no disrespect, to be the exact opposite, lol. Of all those attributes lol.

Technical/carpentry/ automotive etc skills. I can't fix cars, sinks, computers, anything. My strengths are with words and introspection, but it's so attractive when guys can build or fix things.

Stepmomofdragons Level 7 Jan 15, 2019

What qualities of the opposite sex do I appreciate most?

Insanity.

What I look for most is a gorgeous, intelligent, fascinating, charming, charismatic, young lady in her twenties - with the figure of a goddess and legs that go on for ever - who is so absolutely HOWLING MAD that she would want to hurl herself at a 54-year-old codger who looks like a gremlin.

(And yes, you did say 'in a genuine, non-sarcastic way.' Sorry!)

ToakReon Level 7 Jan 11, 2019
Write Comment

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

Similar Posts

Is the Atheist Community a Cult? - Genetically Modified Skeptic [youtube.com] Are morality and empathy basically the same? More Than Half of All Coffee Species Are at Risk of Extinction New York Confronts Its Worst Measles Outbreak in Decades [nytimes.com] "Within months, New ... Judge rules against elderly lesbians rejected from retirement home Vatican investigates after nuns report sex abuse by priests – WGN-TV [wgntv.com] I have heard people say that the world needs more love, it will save us all for most of my life. I ... Climate change. Deniers of anthropomorphic climate change should be made to read Peter Brannen's ... My friend is like a textbook case of being sheeple. He parrots thoughts of guys like Shapiro etc for... We did it, we never thought it would pass in our lifetime, and we did it! Huzzah! ... Curious... If you have found success on here in finding a significant other or just local ... My favorite short description of Humanism. "Humanism is a rational philosophy informed by science... Whoo hoo! my events were approved for posting on agnostic! (I'm really hoping to find some more ... Gay people should not join Catholic clergy, Pope Francis says | World news | The Guardian For men on dating sites. A woman recently posted on here that it makes her uncomfortable when men ... One year ago today (Sun. 11/25) I ran across an ad on FB for Agnostic.com, a dating site and ... Happy Thanksgiving. I just want to say I'm thankful for your friendship. Just because I'm atheist ... What has been your experience with humanist/agnostic/athiest groups that meet in person?

Categories

Humanist does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Humanist.com is the largest non-profit community for humanists!