Humanist.com

3 11

To those extreme libertarians and members of the irrational right who keep screaming about infringements on your absolute freedom: IN a democratic country and society, your claim to absolute freedom ends when it impinges negatively on the rights, health, and safety of others. The vast majority of Americans want to live in a democratic society and country. As you are all too prone to say to the rest of us, if you are not willing to accept that standard, you are free to move elsewhere.

In this time of COVID, wearing a mask is not an infringement on your rights. It is a minor inconvenience needed to protect us all. I say this as a person with COPD who wears a mask while working out with weights in the gym. Mandating COVID vaccinations is not an infringement on your rights, but a measure for the health and safety of ALL of us

wordywalt 8 Sep 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yoy sound like the typical extreme libertarian -- prone to twisting the facts and extreme overexaggeration -- and always focused only on yourself.

@wordywalt Lol. You on the grog or just forget your meds today?

@FrayedBear As all too common, you attack in an uncivil and personal maner when someone diisagrees with you.

@wordywalt That's funny Walt. I thought that I was agreeing & supporting your post. My response therefore was trying to be jocular rather that being directly antagonistic & challenging by calling you a demented twat - an epithet deserving of your "Yoy sound like the typical extreme libertarian -- prone to twisting the facts and extreme overexaggeration -- and always focused only on yourself." Which contradicts the conclusion to your post "IN a democratic country and society, your claim to absolute freedom ends when it impinges negatively on the rights, health, and safety of others." And "Mandating COVID vaccinations is not an infringement on your rights, but a measure for the health and safety of ALL of us".

I don't think its really about rights at all. It's about complete and utter self-absorbed selfishness and a general apathy or even contempt toward fellow human beings.

Sometimes that is due to mindless "true believer" commitment to an ideology.

No argument from here.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622424
Humanist does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.